It is essential for everyone to know and remember that replacing lost teeth is imperative in maintaining the state of oral health. Fortunately, there are now several options available that patients can consider in replacing single, multiple, or even all lost teeth. For people who are searching for restoration options in Pompano Beach, FL, we at Langston Amador Dental Group happen to offer dentures, bridges, and the most sought-after solution nowadays – dental implants!
People who are not yet too familiar about dental implants may wonder why it is highly preferred by many. So, to convince these people to invest in the said restoration, here is a list of advantages they should consider.
Advantages of Dental Implants
- Implant restored teeth cannot get cavities anymore! Having said that, slacking in oral hygiene and care is still a no-no.
- It can serve as a permanent solution to tooth loss for an implant can withstand for a lifetime. However, this is only possible if the patient will observe proper oral health care habits.
- Cleaning would come easily since the appliance is securely affixed on the jaw. No need for special creams or solutions; regular brushing, flossing, and rinsing would suffice.
- Compared to eating with a traditional appliance, dental implants allow patients to eat the foods they love without restrictions.
- Messy dental adhesives are no longer necessary.
- Say goodbye to slips and lisps when talking.
- Teeth adjacent to the gap are preserved for its placement do not require enamel shavings for the support of prostheses.
- Dental implants secure the appearance and function of the restored teeth by using not only durable but natural-looking materials as well.
Tips in Preparing for a Dental Implant Procedure
#1: Make sure to ask time off from work beforehand to get enough rest and to avoid any potential professional or recovery issues.
#2: Smoker? It is best to consider stopping the harmful habit not only for the body but to avoid healing problems after the procedure.
#3: Prior to the scheduled appointment, measures should be taken beforehand. It is best to stock on soft-foods for it is the advised post-procedure diet. Cleaning the house and taking care of any other chores is also a must.
#4: Arrange a form of transportation on the day of the appointment. It is best to ask a friend or a family member since you could still be under the effects of anesthesia and painkillers. It is always better to be safe.
#5: Make sure to take note of the aftercare tips provided by the dentist, as well as any prescribed medications to secure a fast and successful recovery!
Aiming to restore your teeth as natural as it was before? Contact us to know more about Dental Implants in Pompano Beach, FL, or to schedule your appointment with Langston Amador Dental Group!