Advancements in dental technology often allow us to save and repair teeth with severe problems. But in some cases, extractions are the only solution to prevent further damage to your dental health. The office of Amador Dentistry provides extractions with the utmost care in a hygienic environment using modern dental equipment.
A tooth extraction involves removing a tooth from its socket in the gum. Tooth removal is an irreversible procedure, so it is important to talk to our experts about the alternative treatments that can help you save your tooth. We only suggest extractions if there is no other way to save the tooth/teeth.
Tooth extraction may be needed in one or more of the following situations:
- Bone and gum damage due to periodontal disease
- Deep decay or breakage of the tooth
- Infected or misaligned wisdom teeth
- Overcrowding of the teeth, causing bite issues
- In preparation for orthodontic treatment
At Amador Dentistry, we offer both regular and wisdom teeth extractions which are carefully performed with local anesthesia.
There are two forms of extraction: routine and surgical.
- Routine extractions are done for on teeth that are easily visible in the mouth. During this procedure, we will pull out the tooth by gently rocking it back and forth using dental forceps. Once the tooth is out, the area is cleaned and flushed. A gauze pad is placed to control bleeding.
- Surgical extractions are done for teeth that have either broken off at the gum line or have not yet erupted fully (such as wisdom teeth). Such cases, the gums need to be cut ad pulled back to access the tooth.
If you have a severely damaged tooth, contact our office for a consultation now to determine the best form of treatment. Call us at (954) 941-4410 to schedule an appointment.